Project Construction Manager
Precious Metals Refining
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
For its unit Precious Metals Refining located in Hoboken (Belgium) , Umicore is currently looking for a:
Project Construction Manager
Within the framework of the policy and strategy of the department Technology and in order to realize the investments projects of the Hoboken plant of Precious Metals Refining (UPMR), you analyze, manage and implement engineering projects in all of its aspects, for a wide variety of projects, ranging from small units & revamps to green field (0,25 to 4 Mio€). You report to Head of Technology Departement.
- You study and analyze the required technology for revamps and new units, in close collaboration with the project team and other services involved (esp. production and maintenance).You propose technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility- basic & detailed engineering phase, including a budget estimate.
- You propose technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility- basic & detailed engineering phase, including a budget estimate.
- You realize and manage the complete project implementation including detail engineering, supplier selection and follow-up, site supervision and start-up.
- You assist and help the start-up teams for the different construction projects, in close collaboration with the production manager and his staff, the different engineering teams and the maintenance organization.
- You manage and coach your project team.
Who we are looking for
- You have a master degree in civil engineering or in applied sciences, with min. 5 years relevant professional experience.
- You are technical minded and skilled in various calculations, an expert of concrete applications, with a solid knowledge of steelwork.
- You are familiar with the practical requirements of environmental, health and safety and with quality systems.
- You have good knowledge of MS Office. 2D- and 3D-software are plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch and a good knowledge of other languages (English, French, German)
- You are an excellent people- and project manager, able to lead a team to successful implementation and start-up of new installations. You enjoy working with people and are interested to help them in their development.
- You are a good communicator, and can empower ideas to all levels of the organization.
- You are driven by challenging goals and have a structural work method.
- You are skilled in writing global project reports.
- You are a multitasker, who can set priorities, is able to synthesize a complex data and come to clear conclusions.
- You are willing to travel abroad for specific assignments.
If our recycling technology can give new life to used metals, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?