Director Analytical Competence Center
Corporate Research & Development
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Driving progress through research. Providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Group Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development means that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- As Director Analytical Competence Center (ACC), you contribute to the growth of Umicore by managing, planning and inspiring the chemical analysis and materials characterisation activities at corporate R&D and professionalizing the Analytical Community (ANA-Net) within Umicore.
- You develop ACC by following the evolution in the area regarding new techniques and methods, set up centres of excellence, enhance our capabilities in line with customer needs and ensure competitive operational excellence in this area.
- You support the different units in Umicore in developing and professionalizing their worldwide analytical and characterisation capabilities.
- You strive for excellence in operational service, budgeting, investments, quality, safety and technology.
- You manage and deploy the opportunities of the ANA-Net community to its full extent, intensifying exchange of information; initiating and supporting standardization, etc.
- You support BU’s in their strategic development by scanning opportunities and proposing new orientations.
- You define HR needs and measures in agreement with SVP & existing HR policies.
- You have a PhD or Master’s in Science (Chemistry, physics, engineering…) with more than 10 years’ experience in materials characterisation, analytical chemistry or process analytics.
- You have significant experience in managing an analytical or materials characterisation laboratory.
- You are fluent in English.
- Strategic and creative thinking is key in this function.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You communicate in a clear and structured way.
- You inspire people and lead them to excellence.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?