IT Security Risk and Compliance Manager
Belgium - Hoboken
Posted on 09-02-2024
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are needed to everyday life. We strive to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Business Supporting Functions (IT and others)
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The IT Security Risk and Compliance Manager is responsible for driving on a daily basis the Umicore Information and Security Management System (ISMS) in compliance with the ISO/IEC 27001 standard. He/she ensures the quality and consistency of the Umicore ISMS, manages the different processes tracked within the ISMS and reports on the performance of the ISMS.
In the context of the ISMS, the IT Security Risk and Compliance Manager is responsible for leading and maturing the risk management processes for IT/Information Security, as well as actively raising the adherence to the Umicore IT Security policy framework and initiating and leading the efforts needed to be compliant with IT Security standards as defined by our customers or regulatory instances.
The IT Security Risk and Compliance Manager performs these roles in close collaboration with the CISO, the IT Security team and all operational and regional teams within the Information Systems department (IS), Corporate Security and other Corporate departments & SOF’s and Business ISMS Managers.
The IT Security Risk and Compliance Manager can be located in Brussels or Hoboken and reports to the Senior Manager IT License & Asset - IT Process Improvement.
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Drive the Umicore ISMS in compliance with the ISO/IEC 27001 standard, according to defined scope and objectives
- Define, supervise and contribute to recurrent ISMS activities: e.g. ISMS Activity Calendar
- Plan, prepare and conduct ISMS governance meetings on tactical level (ISMS Board) and operational level (ISMS Review)
- Monitor open actions: e.g. Gap Tracker and Risk Treatment Register
- Report on ISMS performance (e.g. ISMS Dashboard) and escalation matters to relevant governance bodies and obtain required outputs such as approvals, further escalations and actions to follow up.
- Define, drive and contribute to continual improvements
- Select and implement fit-for-purpose tools improving the effectiveness of the ISMS
- Define, manage and contribute to ISMS scope extensions in close collaboration with BU ISMS Managers
- Coordinate Internal and External Audit activities, and process outcome
- Communicate about the ISMS to relevant stakeholders across Umicore
- Act as sounding board for BU ISMS Managers
- Risk Management
- Organise, conduct or periodically review Risk Assessments according to the ISMS Risk Management Methodology and ensure strict consistency across the different Risk Assessments
- Support and challenge Risk Owners in identifying risks and defining risk treatment actions.
- Update and monitor the Risk Assessment files and the Risk Treatment Register and other documentation (e.g. evidences)
- Further mature the risk management processes on operational and tactical level for IT/Information Security, and support the CIO/CISO on strategic level
- Compliance Management
- Manage the IT Security policy framework
- Ensure IT Security policies reflect IT Security standards as defined by customers and regulatory instances
- Collect and propose potential policy amendments
- Align with relevant stakeholders about these changes and submit them for approval to the relevant governance bodies
- Lead the periodic review of IT Security policies
- Communicate about the IT Security policies and related updates
- Inspire the IS organization and beyond to strive to adhere to the IT Security policies. This includes raising security awareness where needed.
- Measure, analyse and report through (self-)assessments on the level of adherence to the IT Security Policies
- Support and challenge IT Asset Owners/Managers and Control Owners in identifying gaps and corrective actions as well as support them in designing and implementing adequate controls.
- Update and monitor the Gap Tracker including exceptions
- Fulfil IT security questionnaires on request of customers or business partners
- Contribute to assess the IT security posture of third parties
- Watch for and assess IT Security standards (e.g. NIS2, TISAX, …) and PII legislations (e.g. GDPR, PIPL, PIPA, …) and as a result initiate appropriate actions/projects to ensure compliance
- Manage the IT Security policy framework
Who we are looking for
- You hold a Master degree
- You have at least:
- 10 years of experience in IT (Security)
- 5 years of experience in international and global organizations
- 5 years of management experience in a management position or as a senior project manager
- 3 years of experience in security risk assessments, risk management and security controls.
- You have strong analytical and reporting skills
- You have strong oral and written skills to translate complex risk requirements.
- You are disciplined and methodological in your way of working
- You have strong planning and coordination skills
- You have a mature personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- You are able to establish credibility with senior stakeholders
- You have good presentation skills
- You have knowledge and understanding of:
- IT (networking, infrastructure layer, application layer, etc.) and IT Security.
- IT (Security) operations and processes.
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of :
- Information Security standards (e.g. ISO 27001, TISAX)
- PII legislations (e.g. GDPR)
- Risk Management frameworks
- MS office products
- You are fluent in writing and speaking in English
- You obtained professional certifications such as ISO27001 Lead Implementer, CISM, CRISC , or equivalent.
- You keep yourself up-to-date on latest cyber and information security trends and threats
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?Apply