Reporting and control Manager Record To Report
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Organize the reporting and control team for closing and reporting, and set up the coordination of the closing calendar and follow up with the local entities
- Control of the monthly balance sheet and results and explain these to the BU’s and entities under scope
- Responsible for the organization and execution of financial reporting (Group, statutory, fiscal, KPI’s,) of the legal entities and act as key contact person for audit
- Be one of the main drivers in the Digitalization/Automation roadmap and designs accordingly processes of the R2R smart close process, including development of a global process “Blueprint” that will be implemented into policies, procedures, and systems
- Supervise, motivate and coach the reporting team on a daily basis and acts as back-up for the Senior Accounting Manager
- Act as first point of contact for the financial responsible in the assigned business units (BU controllers and Accounting Managers) and other departments (Tax; Treasury; …) and integrate new activities/entities in the scope of services
- Design and implement internal controls to ensure a best-in-class organization.
- You have a master degree in economics or equivalent by experience, and minimum 4 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in a Shared Service set up or within audit
- You have a clear understanding and vision on digitalization and automation within Finance and eager to initiate the implementation of control and reporting activities
- You are able to work in a highly IS system driven environment (SAP, Cognos,…), experience with the new technologies and a strong knowledge of ERP Tools especially in the SAP suite (FI/CO) is an asset
- You have a very strong technical background in reporting, control, accounting, process improvements and automation and in implementing Internal control and reconciliations
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch, French or German are an asset
- With your excellent project management skills you are able to organize cross functional teams at multiple locations
- You have strong analytical skills and are capable of working with numerical data, challenging and summarising information and production of workable solutions
- You are a team player with strong people and communication skills, able to influence other teams and demonstrate a high degree of cultural-awareness
- Curiosity and ownership are part of your DNA.
- Meeting deadlines, working under pressure in a changing environment and dealing with ambiguity do not affect your enthusiasm and positive mindset.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?