Project Manager Recycling and Extractions Technology
Corporate Research & Development
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Driving progress through research. Developing processes and providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Group Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development means that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- You develop and optimize pyrometallurgical processes, by enabling growth and mastering scientific expertise in these areas.
- You make this expertise available within your own team, as well as the teams you closely work with.
- You are responsible for the progress of the projects within your portfolio, facilitating internal communication and steering their trajectory towards implementation.
- You take responsibility for environmental, health and safety aspects of your team and stimulate them to continuous improvements in project excellence.
- You contribute in the innovation and knowledge management of your portfolio and enable the identification of upcoming needs and opportunities of your stakeholders.
- You are accountable for the results, timing and budget in the area of your responsibility.
- You develop and maintain a broad network of internal and external stakeholders and share expertise with your colleagues.
- You have a PhD in chemical, metallurgical or environmental engineering or an equivalent area.
- You are a teamplayer, eager to share information and skilled in networking.
- You are result-oriented, creative and driven by scientific and technological challenges.
- You stimulate your own and others’ creativity and innovation.
- You are decisive and able to give firm advice and steer the teams involved in your field of expertise.
- You have strong analytical skills combined with a developed sense of criticism.
- You are fluent in English both written and orally. Dutch is your mother tongue or you are prepared to master it rapidly.
- You appreciate autonomy and are skilled in organising and planning.
- You have a curious nature meaning that you like exploring and are open minded towards new ideas and concepts.
- You are willing to travel (short assignments worldwide).
Umicore promotes continuous learning for all its employees and foresees the adequate training and education in order to guarantee a fast and comfortable integration. On top of competitive working conditions, Umicore's wide range of activities provides an excellent platform for growth and job rotation.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?