Project Manager Energy
Belgium - Olen
Purchasing & Transportation
Gepubliceerd op 14-03-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
To execute our Let’s go for Zero strategy we are looking for a project manager Energy. In this role, you will support the Energy Procurement Manager in the development and execution of Umicore’s global energy procurement strategy aiming at net zero in 2035.
You assist Umicore in realizing its sustainability ambitions to go for zero carbon emissions in 2035.
- You identify and develop innovative sources for the procurement of low carbon energy sources.
- You develop onsite generation of green energy.
- You are well informed of renewable energy policies and regulations in Umicore’s core markets.
- You follow-up on energy related projects from concept to realization, with reporting to higher management.
- You build financial models and forecasts to evaluate strategic sourcing options and renewable energy investment opportunities.
You represent Umicore in various interest groups on energy related topics on a national and international level.
- You make sure that Umicore’s interests are properly being reflected in policies and legislation.
- You organize knowledge distribution within Umicore with respect to upcoming policies and legislation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have a Master university degree in economics, sciences or other
- You are willing to build a deep understanding of the energy markets to which Umicore is exposed.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English. French and German is a plus.
- You have strong analytical and conceptualizing skills.
- You are an excellent communicator with interpersonal impact (influencing and persuading), customer oriented and decisive.
- You focus on results and strive for continuous improvement.
- You show an exemplary behaviour towards ethics and integrity.
- You are a team worker, flexible, and eager to collaborate.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits.Solliciteer