Program Manager Transportation & Trade Compliance (UBM)
Belgium - Hoboken
Purchasing and Transportation
Supply Chain & Logistics
Gepubliceerd op 08-02-2024
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Transportation & Trade Compliance
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The purpose of the Program Manager Transportation & Trade Compliance is to guarantee smooth traffic of goods around the globe at optimized cost and emissions while taking into account transport regulations.
As Program Manager you are responsible for delivering all large and complex logistic projects for the business unit Umicore Battery Materials (UBM) in order to deliver the Transport and Trade Compliance service, in an ambitious time frame.
- You will develop and implement the global strategy for Transportation & Trade Compliance together with the Head of Transport and Head of Trade Compliance;
- You will bring worldwide excellence and digitalisation to the Transportation & Trade Compliance function ensuring compliance, efficiency and effectiveness in supply chain;
- You will build, lead and develop a global project team for UBM which is set-up to deliver the transformation (organization, process, systems);
- You will manage large and complex projects in order to develop, secure or improve the supply chain and distribution network, taking into account best practices and adherence to regulations whilst reducing costs and emissions, increasing efficiency, all in order to deliver the RISE2030 growth of UBM.
Who we are looking for
- You combine a Master’s Degree with 8+ years of substantial direct functional experience in logistics, compliance and transportation in a large and diverse multinational.
- You are a strong project manager (Prince 2 is a plus) and have working knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean principles is required.
- You have experience with the digitalization of processes. Digital tools as TMS and global trade solutions are familiar.
- You are experienced in directing and strengthening logistic processes and procedures. You are an expert in (sustainable) transportation, procurement, regulations and can translate this knowledge into a strong supply chain and distribution network.
- You are a strong communicator and possesses strong leadership skills. You are result oriented and driven by continuous improvement.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary, company car, insurance package and many other benefits.
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO ?Solliciteer