Process to Pay Lead
Belgium - Brussels
Gepubliceerd op 09-11-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Our Global Finance Services (GFS) is currently responsible for the finance activities (General Accounting and reporting, Accounts Payables & Receivables) of the Umicore entities located in Europe and North America . Through operation excellence we have embarked into a transformational journey aimed to increase value to our internal customer within Umicore. Our team is primarily helping our internal colleagues to ensure they can focus on the upstream activities by delivering our services on time and accurate.
Within the Process-to-Pay (PTP) department of GFS, our specific objectives is to make sure that invoices handling process is executed in the most efficient way. This involves a perfect understanding of the specifics and requirements of our business stakeholders and suppliers. We deliver impactful results through a close relationship with our internal customers, deep understanding of their processes and delivering an outstanding user-experience.
What will you be doing
As a PTP lead, you will play a pivotal role in the day-to-day management and processing of supplier invoices., monitoring the process performance, and ensuring operational goals are met. You report to the Senior Manager Process to Pay and will be involved in the following activities:
- You will act as process specialist in the review, optimization, automation and digitalization of the P2P processes, actively contributing to improvement projects and application testing.
- You will be responsible for the smooth functioning of our expense note management tool (MobileXpense): the roll outs, follow up and support on all related activities
- You will act as the first point of contact for inquiries from suppliers, our Business Process Outsourcing partner, the Business Controlling teams and the Purchasing & Transport department;
- You will uphold the quality of services delivered by our Business Process Outsourcing partner through KPI monitoring and controls;
- You will assist with the month-end closing tasks related to Purchase-to-Pay and the preparation of management reports, including the review of sensitive accounts and their reconciliation;
- You identify, design and implement process improvements and automation solutions.
- You actively participate in end-to-end projects: encompassing requirements gathering, milestone tracking, testing and implementation.
WHAT MINDSET, EDUCTATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED TO DEMONSTRATE
You are dynamic, want to go fast and be the actor of your own career. You want to make the difference. You want to be part of a very dynamic and future-oriented team. You like to work accurately and to the point. You want to meet agreements, comply with values and act with respect for people and the environment. You want to be part of Umicore’s journey towards a more sustainable future. You want to work for one of the top 10 world’s most sustainable corporations. You are open to work in a fast changing environment.
- The position requires a Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics;
- You are able to work in a highly IS system driven environment (SAP, Ariba, MobileXpense,…), a strong knowledge of ERP Tools especially SAP, Ariba & Accounts Payable processes is required. You can easily adopt new systems (eg Qlik, …).
- You have a strong technical background in accounting, end-to-end processes and in application of internal control and reconciliations.
- You are fluent in English. knowledge of Dutch and/or French are an asset.
- You have strong analytical skills, organized and detail minded, capable of analyzing numerical data, able to challenge and improve processes, and implement practical solutions.
- You have an enthusiast and positive mindset even when faced with tight deadlines, and challenging situations.
- Natural curiosity, a sense of ownership and a critical mindset are part of your DNA.
- You are a strong team player and communicator, capable to influence colleagues both within- and outside your team, you demonstrate a high degree of cultural-awareness.
What we Offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?