Payroll Manager Belgium
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
As Payroll Manager you will assures a correct salary administration and pay out of salaries for the Belgian sites (approx. 3000 employees), in line with the compliance standards of the Group and according to Belgian legislation. A continuous service & process improvement by means of simplification, harmonization, automation, digitalization and looking for synergies will be key.You will also take care for and optimize the performance of the team, spread over different sites, in order to obtain the requested level of quality. You will report to the Head of HR Centre Compensation, Benefits & Payroll Belgium & Southern Europe.
- You overview and supervise the payroll team, by coordinating the daily activities and by prioritising work load ensuring the delivery of a high quality, responsive and efficient service. You stimulate teamwork, cooperation and ownership with all members of your team
- You ensure accurate and timely processing of the payroll for the Belgian sites in accordance with company procedures and requirements
- You contribute, implement, manage and update payroll related processes for all employees in Belgium and you formulate and advice on improvements in respect to all payroll processes and procedures
- You act as contact person for payroll related questions and complex problems in the different site and operate as a project member in various payroll projects for different employee groups. You are able to present complex and technical payroll topics to different internal stakeholders (management, employees, unions but also external audit partners (Tax, Social Security)
- You build up an internal and external network in order to gather relevant payroll related information so that all above responsibilities will be taken care of in line with Company requirements and legislation
- You have a Master degree in HR, Social Science, Psychology or equivalent
- You have at least 5 years of experience within payroll and you have basic experience with compensation and benefits
- You have a sound knowledge of social and fiscal law
- You are very familiar with working in SAP HR and Excel
- You have strong and proven people management skills
- You combine sound analytical skills with a problem solving mind and focus
- You are well organized, able to react adequately to different inputs and work in an autonomous way.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- You are willing to work on different sites in Belgium (Brussels, Hoboken, Olen)
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?