Manager Technology Development
Precious Metals Refining
Applied Technology, Engineering
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore’s materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints and tyres. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
For its BU Cobalt Specialty Materials located in Olen, Umicore is currently looking for a
Manager Technology Development
You take the full lead and responsibility of the technological part of the project in general, and focus in particular during the whole project life cycle on all engineering aspects and the co-ordination with other involved departments. You warrant the successful technological completion of each project phase with regard to the project goals, objectives and expectations of all stakeholders.
- You manage the engineering of all project phases, from feasibility to execution.
- You study & analyse the required technologies and assure that the “best available” technologies are implemented.
- You are responsible for the technical scope, from request for quotation to execution.
- You assure the engineering resources according to planning and the investment calculations (estimates, final budget).
- You are in charge of the co-ordination with other involved departments (Maintenance, EHS, Production) and you focus on completeness of all technical files.
- You initiate & feed the Hazop sessions.
- You realise the technology part of the project within the agreed planning and budget, and assure that all technical performances are met.
- As a Manager of the Technology Development Project Team you assure consensus as well as the good functioning of the team; you plan, control and follow-up
ofall aspects of the project engineering by regular meetings and reporting; you detect roadblocks in time and take action in order to assure that they are solved at the soonest.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master degree in chemical or mechanical engineering or in applied science.
- You have at least 5 years of project engineering experience, ranging from small units and revamps to large green field projects.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and have working knowledge of French and German.
- You are familiar with the principles of Financial Management.
- You have excellent project & engineering management skills, experience in innovative projects is a plus.
- You are a born leader focusing on empowerment and growth of the team members and committed to values, people and results.
- You are a problem solver and committed to results
- You are a natural communicator, open respectful, convincing
- Planning and organizing is your strength.
- You are e team player, respectful, creative and assertive
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.