Key Account Manager Supply RBM
Belgium - Brussels
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Product Management, Supply Chain & Logistics, Procurement
Gepubliceerd op 31-05-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come
What you will be doing
As Key Account Manager Supply you will be mainly talking to global automotive OEM, related cell makers as well as upstream partners when it comes to Raw Material topics! In that role you build positive relationships, educate the partners regarding Raw Material markets and sustainability topics (e.g. responsible sourcing & ESG ). You will also develop and implement Raw Material pricing structures for Raw Material processing activities with the partners.
Your detailed responsibilities:
- Together with the sales teams, you build positive relationships and partnerships with major OEMs and cell makers at all levels of the organization, focusing on the Raw Materials sourcing.
- You leverage Umicore’s upstream expertise to gain further market share for RBM. You will influence the customer base with clear sustainability topics: CO2 emission, Life Cycle Analysis (LCA), sustainable & responsible sourcing…
- You are responsible for the development of the optimum Raw Material setup with OEM’s and battery makers.
- You grow the OEM and battery maker knowledge of the Raw Material and refining markets. You coordinate deep dive reviews together with the sourcing business heads
- You develop pricing structures for sourcing & refining partnerships with OEM’s and battery makers.
- Depending on the OEM’s / Battery maker partnership setup, you develop the SLA’s related to the Raw Material sourcing and transformation
You will be located in Brussels or Olen (BE) and mainly supporting the OEM’s and cell makers in Europe.
Who we are looking for
- You have acquired a University degree in engineering, science, economics or business administration and you have validated experience (10-15 years) preferably in a B2B commercial environment in automotive, metals or materials
- Strong technical understanding of metals-based (raw) materials and their sourcing. Experience in battery technology & cathode materials is definitely a strong plus
- You have a strategic approach but also capable of giving a helicopter-view
- From nature, you have a strong commercial and sales talent
- You have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- You are a hardworking and dynamic teammate with an open “can do” mentality
- Fast learner with strong analytical skills
- Self-motivator able to work independently and with eye for detail
- You have experience in working in an intercultural environment
- You have a strong customer focus, willing to be really committed
- Excellent written and spoken English communication. Any additional language is certainly a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric verhicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO