Group Treasury Senior Manager
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
The Group Treasury senior manager will be in charge of the Analysis, Controlling & Reporting activities of Group Umicore and will also supervise the Treasury Operations & Compliance activities.
This function interacts closely with the APAC Regional Treasury Manager and other corporate functions like Group Tax, Group Control, Credit Management, Global Finance Services and Legal, but also with the controllers’ community of the various business units of Umicore.
The senior manager reports to the VP Group Treasurer.
- You manage a team of treasury professionals in Brussels office
- You create and coordinate the production of various treasury reports to the management including reporting of FX result and position, indebtedness, financial results,….
- You take-up an advisory role towards business units for their foreign exchange exposure and provide risk mitigation recommendations to the management
- You promote operational excellence, through the monitoring of markets trend and the implementation of state-of-the-art technologies and products, and you drive the digitization agenda of the Treasury organization
- You contribute to the set-up and deployment of a cash forecasting tool and to maintain a strong cash forecasting process
- You supervise the Treasury Center activities from Front Office to Back Office operations, including cash management functions, internal/external borrowing and/or investments decisions, FX hedging activities, external compliance
- You monitor the utilization of external credit lines and ensure the access to short term funding instruments
- You ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures, and with external financial regulations
- You stay abreast of financial markets and regulations developments
- You have a master degree in finance or economics and you have 7+ years of treasury or related experience in a global environment
- You have strong interpersonal and proven leadership skills
- You are an analytical, fast learning and creative professional
- You act agile and you are able to work efficiently in a changing environment
- You have an excellent and persuasive communication style to negotiate with internal and external colleagues from different nationalities and cultures.
- You are fluent in English; speaking Dutch and/or French is a plus
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?