Business Analyst BI
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Umicore is developing a modern data platform in order to maximize business insight and use data for added value digital initiatives. As Business Analyst BI, you employ considerable technical skills as a solution technical expert in the domain of Business Intelligence – ie analytics tools as Power BI and Qlik Sense and ETL/data warehouse tools
- You take responsibility in delivering BI components from requirement analysis through implementation
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Create tools to store data
- Manage access and authorization
- Present information through reports and visualization
- You execute Incident handling and cooperate in projects on Business Intelligence. Focus first years is on Qlik Sense and Power BI as self-service and data discovery software and the ETL/data warehouse tools related (Microsoft Azure context)
- Collaborate with teams to integrate applications and data sources
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Location will be Brussels or Hoboken. Occasional travel to Umicore sites will be required.
- You hold a bachelor or master degree in information technology, applied computer sciences or a related field
- You have a sincere and proven interest in the area of Business Intelligence, ETL development and Data Warehousing
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- You can rely on technical and functional knowledge in at least 2 of the following applications
- Qlik Sense: 1 (or more) years of designing models and documents
- Power BI: 1 (or more) years of experience in report and model design
- Microsoft SQL Server: 1 (or more) years of experience in basic administration
- You have a mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- You are a team player with strong communication skills and with a collaborative spirit
- You are customer oriented, result driven & focused on delivering quality
- You are fluent in English and either Dutch or French
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?