Project Leader Recycling and Extraction Technology
Research & Development
Umicore is a global materials technology group. It focuses on applications areas where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes the difference. Its activities are centred on four business areas: Catalysis, Energy Materials, Performance Materials and Recycling. Each business area is divided into marketfocused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technilogical developments and essential for every day life.
Umicore generates the majority of its revenues and dedicates most of its R&D efforts to clean technology, such as emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and photovoltaics, fuel cells and recycling.
Umicore's overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfills its mission: Materials for a better life.
For its Research & Development department, located in Olen (Belgium), Umicore is currently looking for a
Project Leader Recycling & Extraction Technology
As a Project Leader you take the responsibility of research projects, broaden your expertise and make it available within other R&D projects. You push boundaries by acquering on new technologies and applying this knowledge to generating ideas for new developments. Moreover you maintain an internal network and share expertise with your colleagues.
- You are responsible for the methodological approach and follow up of all the research projects in the domain of pyrometallurgy you have been trusted with and lead their implementation. You are responsible for the results, timing and budget of your projects.
- You assess and improve the quality system, the safety policies and environmental & health processes and procedures.
- You lead the communication process towards your superiors, team members and business units related to your research projects. You coordinate the project evolution and the according reporting and administration.
- You assure technical and metallurgical improvements in your projects.
- You continue to develop your own as well as the group's expertise in this field. You explore new techniques and create new ideas and developments that might contribute to the growth of the knowledge domain.
- You are responsible for the training, development and coaching of your team members to improve your and their competences (white and blue collars).
- You are contributing to other R&D projects by actively participating in cross team events and by facilitating the sharing of expertise amongst colleagues.
- You take care of the communication with internal and external customers.
- You build up an international network in order to explore new scientific methods and technologies.
- You have a university degree in a technical or scientific area (MSc in Engineering, PHD in Engineering or Dr. Sc in Sciences/Technology). You have just recently graduated. Some years of experience with (pyro)metallurgy or applications of precious metals is an asset.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both written and orally.
- You master metallurgical, technological and chemical competencies at a high level and have a comprehensive approach towards technical and scientific issues and new developments.
- You are familiar with practical requirements of environmental, health and safety issues.
- You are strong in summarizing, systematic and methodological in approach.
- You are result-oriented, creative and your work passion proves infectious: as such you succees in convincing other people without any problem.
- You are a team player and customer minded.
- You are an effective people manager and natural leader.
- You are stress resistant and committed to results.
- You are able to take decisions or give firm advice in the Business Units even when the decision/advice taken still encounters residual risks.
- You are prepared to accomplish missions abroad.