Junior Investor Relations Manager
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group. It focuses on application areas where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Its activities are organised in three business groups: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies and Recycling. Each business group is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life.
Umicore generates the majority of its revenues and dedicates most of its R&D efforts to clean technologies, such as emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and recycling. Umicore’s overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils its mission: materials for a better life.
The Umicore Group has industrial operations on all continents and serves a global customer base; it generated a turnover of € 11.1 billion (€ 2.7 billion excluding metal) in 2016 and currently employs 9,900 people.
For its Investor Relations Department located in Brussels, Umicore is currently looking for a
Junior Investor Relations Manager
You play an important role in fulfilling the Investor Relations function in Umicore. The primary purpose of the role is to support the other team members in ensuring that Umicore, its strategy, performance and prospects are well understood by the financial markets, ultimately striving for a fair valuation of the Umicore share.
- You contribute to the conception of financial and certain non-financial press releases and presentations, as well as relevant parts of the Umicore Annual Report
- You manage the translation, editing and/or proofreading of French and/or Dutch press releases, presentations, as well as relevant parts of the Annual Report
- You analyse reports on Umicore, its peers and its end markets published by the financial community and report back internally
- You coordinate the organization of events for the financial community (roadshows, site visits, conference calls, investor meetings, capital market days)
- You keep the content of the Investor Relations section of the Umicore website updated and are responsible for the publication of press releases and presentations on the Investor Relations pages
- You manage the Contact Management System for Investor Relations
- You support the technical dataflow between corporate finance and the different communication channels managed by Investor Relations
- Together with the other team members, you serve as a point of contact for the financial community
- You have a Masters degree in a business or communication related discipline. A first professional experience within a relevant field (finance, communication, Investor Relations, etc) is a plus.
- You are highly proficient with the Office software environment, particularly Excel and Powerpoint and have proficiency to (learn how to) use financial data management tools, content and contact management systems, etc
- You are native French, Dutch or English and fluent in at least one of the other two languages
- You have excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally
- You have a good understanding of financial matters and of the wider context of business issues and are able to analyse a large amount of financial and economic information.
- You are rigorous and driven to achieve results on time
- You can work independently, efficiently and creatively within regular and tight deadlines
- You are open, communicative and a team player
- You are enthusiastic, curious and willing to learn about Umicore, its activities and its peers
- You have a keen eye for both the bigger picture and detail