Assistant Project Manager Technology
Precious Metals Refining
You cooperate and take responsibility in innovative engineering projects for the Hoboken plant of Precious Metals Refining. You work in a dynamic project team and actively identify the needs of internal customers (production, maintenance, environment,…). You work out technical solutions starting from a basic to a detailed engineering level. You make a budget estimate, assist in the selection of partners to realize the projects and you follow up the projects in the construction and start-up phase. Projects range from smaller units & revamps (0,15 to 0,25 Mio€) to green field realizations (~5 MEuro) with a time horizon ranging from 3 months to 4 years. You maintain an internal network and share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- In close collaboration with the project team and other services (esp. production and maintenance), you study and analyze the required technology for revamps and new units. You propose innovative technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility – basic & detailed engineering phase.
- You make a budget estimate for the proposed solutions.
- You do basic engineering and follow-up detailed engineering for (new) projects.
- You take up the function of project engineer in a small project team in order to prepare and implement execution of projects.
- You assure good communication with internal customers, supervisors and team members
- You assess and follow up the quality system, safety, environmental and health policies
- Your major workload is situated in Hoboken.
- You have a master’s degree in electro-mechanics and passionate about technique
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office. 2D- and 3D-software are plus.
- You are a team player, able to work in close collaboration with other departments and eager to contribute to successful implementation and start up of new installations.
- You are driven by goals and methodological in approaching projects.
- You are a multi-tasker, who can prioritize and adapt the planning in function of the changing demands.
- You are able to synthesize a number of data and come to clear conclusions.
- You are a good communicator, able to empower your ideas to upper management.