Senior Security Architect
Belgium - Hoboken
Posted on 10-11-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are needed to everyday life. We strive to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Business Supporting Functions (IT and others)
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
In our global IT headquarter the security team will work on the newly defined IT security roadmap for the whole innovative industrial and business supporting organization of Umicore worldwide.
In a small but growing team, you will be part of the IT organization and you will be able to make the difference within the ongoing digital transformation process in line with the guiding IT security strategy.
- The Lead Security Architect will have to research various IT security controls and define and document all our IT security standards and procedures that translate the existing IT security policy framework into actionable guidelines and procedures for all stakeholders within IT and in the business (BIT, PIT teams). This ensures compliance with our existing IT security policy framework.
- The Lead Security Architect acts as a solution architect to fulfil new business needs in a secure-by-design approach. This includes defining architectural integration of new applications, (Cloud) providers and systems with a specific focus on the impact on preventive, detective and responsive security controls.
- The Lead Security Architect will research and select new IT technologies or suppliers to ensure our IT security operations teams can operate efficiently. This includes partner and technology selection through RFP, Proof of Concept studies, integration into the existing IT technology and governance landscape and transfer to IT Security Operations teams.
- The Lead Security Architect will be at the forefront of realizing our 3-year IT security roadmap.
- The Security Architect Lead will report to the CISO & Head of infrastructure management.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master or equal degree through experience
- You have at least 10 years of experience in the domain of IT security
- You have at least 5 years of experience in IT architecture
- You have at least 5 years of (project) management experience in international and global organizations
- You have strong communication skills in Dutch and English language; influencing and convincing others is your second nature. Building consensus is your drive.
- You are very knowledgeable on IT technological trends
- You have a solid experience in supplier management (incl. provider and technology sourcing)
- You are an expert in IT security (preferably certified)
- You are willing to go for the extra mile; you are persistent in fulfilling your customer needs
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?