Global Operations and Automation Solution Manager
Belgium - Brussels
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 09-08-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM) give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Safeguarding and implementation of the operations and operational excellence business requirements and solution:
- Ensure translation of the RBM related domains vision in the related tools and application, this taking into account the RBM IT architecture that has been put in place
- Gathering of global business requirements and translating those requirements into the correct application and reporting requirements
- MES solution design for RBM global and this from the conceptualization phase to implementation, ensuring correct design solution, first validation and testing, roll out, training and coordination of testing with key users organization
- Lead in the execution of identified roadmap within RBM operations and operational excellence
- Business Support and contribution to knowledge increase at key users
- Organizing and coordinating of regression/system testing across the BU
- Complete the first wave of acceptance/validation testing
- providing guidance to both business (global operational excellence team), Local key users, BIT team and corporate IT this based on the expertise that has been gained during the project
- Project management:
- Participate, contribute and guide the operations team in their conceptualization phases on visions and business requirements, so that the correct translation between requirements and tool selection can be done together with business
Who we are looking for
An analytical colleague with:
- Master’s degree in IT, sciences, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a production business analyst position or equivalent
- Knowledge of project management methodology
- Working experience in a service driven, customer oriented environment
- Solid knowledge of SAP PP/EWM and other digitalization tools
- Business Process minded – with clear experience on the production related business processes
- Experience in operational efficiency/excellence
- Enjoys giving presentations and facilitate meetings
- Can coach other colleagues when needed
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO ?