Team Lead Operational Infrastructure Services
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
In this function you will be responsible for securing IT Infrastructure Services across different Business Units and Information Systems at an affordable cost, in line with the Infrastructure Services Plan and Budget. You will lead a team to result by focusing on Umicore complex and core processes and assure knowledge build and retained within Umicore (incl. sharing best practices across implementation projects). You will also be responsible for autonomous delivery of new processes & solutions
- You steer the team within the parameters of the IS Infrastructure RoadMap
- You manage Customer Contacts and capture needs in a short to midterm timeframe
- You manage delivery & support activities in line with assigned budget
- You assure a quality service delivery and lifecycle plan
- You guide the personal development of the team members
- You control the standardization and sustainability of the infrastructure landscape
- You realise the compliance with standards for systems development and maintenance
- You overview Budget/Cost Management
- You have a degree in information technology, applied computer science, or related field.
- You have minimum 10 years of profound experience in successfully managing IS delivery services (storage, server, backup).
- You have at least 5 years of management experience, including people, supplier and financial responsibility.
- You’re a diplomatic people leader and motivator. You are decisive and delivery oriented.
- You’re a quick learner and selfstarter, who is used to work on a autonomous basis together with the team.
- You are flexible in working hours.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You are willing to go for the extra mile; you are persistent in getting the things done.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?