(Senior) Strategy Manager - Brussels, Belgium or Hanau, Germany
Posted on 20-10-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we pioneer approaches to sustainability that continue to offer customers materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. To achieve this, however, we know we can’t stand still. We know we need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. It’s why we invest so much in research & development. It’s why we push ourselves to tackle increasingly complex challenges. It’s why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed. It’s why we are looking for talented individuals to shape tomorrow by leading the way today. In an environment like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
About the Corporate Development Department
Umicore’s Corporate Development Department houses the Group’s M&A and Group Strategy competences. The team is responsible for the management of acquisition & divestment files and provides related advice and services to its internal customers such as in the field of valuation. Through its decentralized business model, Umicore’s business strategy is embedded within its Business Units. However, Corporate Development provides strategic support to the units as well as to Group management linked to Umicore’s overall strategy.
What you will be doing
You support in Strategy development and implementation of the Business Units (BU) and in the review of Umicore Group Strategy. You take an active role in putting the strategy into action and ensuring progress in strategy execution by overseeing the BU’s project portfolio, leading key strategic projects and providing regular updates to the Management. You communicate with internal Group and BU stakeholders, customers, suppliers and external advisors. You will also contribute to extend Corporate Development’s role as centre of knowledge and excellence for the Group in the field of Strategy, M&A and Project Management. You report to the Strategy Director who is part of the Corporate Development team.
Specifically, this will include:
- Support in the group’s long term strategic planning.
- Assisting BUs in their strategy reflections in regard to their external and organic challenges and opportunities.
- Leading of strategic projects (e.g., customer programs, site search, M&A targets), also with the support of external consultants.
- Overseeing and driving the translation of the strategy into roadmaps and projects to execute on the ambitions.
- Management of the BU’s project portfolio, tracking the progress, identifying risks and providing regular updates to the Management.
- Preparation of files and presentations for the BU’s Management Team, the Management Board and the Supervisory Board.
Who we are looking for
- Master degree and relevant working experience (5 years) with exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology.
- 5 - 8 years of Management / Strategy consulting experience.
- Strategic insight, excellent analytical skills and you are apt to structure and drive complex projects.
- Self-driven and experienced in delivering projects well organized, stress resistant and managing tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- You are a seasoned team player and motivator within multi-national and multi-disciplinary teams
What we offer
We lead the way. Not just for our customers, but also for our employees. We foster a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture where we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. We reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. That’s what we do. Imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO