Senior SAP Project Manager
Posted on 12-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Senior Project Manager SAP, you employ considerable SAP Process & Technical, Project Management and People Management skills.
- Implement & enhance SAP Projects in Umicore.
- Take full lead and responsibility on project delivery from business requirement definition, through solution proposal, project realisation, deployment and Go Live including a final assessment on results obtained.
- Manage a team of Business and IT people (5 to 15 people) and you will need to intensively cooperate with external suppliers.
- Lead and follow up the implementation of change requests
- Act as template keeper during projects: protect and enforce the template
- Assume final responsibility for project solution design and full project life cycle activities (ie deliver projects in scope, time and budget)
- Ensure proper process integration and coordinate that application support services are delivered according to IS standards and policies.
- Report to the Head of Business Applications, and will interact with the business teams of Umicore (globally), and within the larger IS department (at global and local level).
- Travel (EU and international) to ensure proximity to business teams.
Who we are looking for
- A master in information technology, applied economics or a related field. Or the equivalent by experience.
- Proven Project Management skills.( Business analysis; Business process improvement; Requirement definition and management; Project execution; Application support).
- A broad functional knowledge of multiple SAP modules.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (focused on SAP Projects).
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills in English / Dutch and/or French.
- You are willing to travel abroad.
- A mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills and motivator within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Willingness to travel: up to 30%
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?