SAP Analytics Lead
Posted on 27-07-2021
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Business Supporting Functions (IT and others)
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Umicore is deploying a Modern Data Platform with the objective of enabling its Business Units apply their data and build data solutions that will help enhance business insights and realize value through different kinds of digital initiatives from Analytics to Data Science and AI !
At the core of this platform, SAP BW/4Hana is acting as a central hub for all ERP data.
As SAP analytics Lead, you will be located in the BI Center of Excellence and play a key strategical and technical role in building and maintaining SAP analytics solutions that will help our Business Units translate their strategy into practical data products. You will:
- Define the strategy of the SAP analytics landscape (BW4Hana, Embedded reporting…) in the context of the broad Modern Data Platform
- Ensure scalability, continuous optimization and maintenance of the BW4Hana platform
- Work in close collaboration with business process owners and analyst, and ensure correct understanding and description of (ERP) business requirements
- Work in close collaboration with data engineers, cloud engineers and define the target architecture for self-service analytics applications
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of (ERP) data integration solutions according to standard methodologies
- Enforce project methodologies and help deploy governance models for operational efficiency
- Plan and prioritize business demands; organize operational support
- Provide input and identify required architecture for continuous improvement of the Modern Data Platform
- When required, take care of technical developments and provide first level and second level support
Location will be Brussels. Occasional travel to other Umicore sites (national & international) will be required.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master in information technology sciences, mathematics or economy, with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work in the SAP BW/4HANA domain
- You have excellent analytical design skills and strong knowledge about dimensional modeling
- You have a thorough knowledge of ETL and DWH concepts
- Good understanding of self-service BI tools (Power BI, Qlik Sense)
- You can rely on good technical and functional knowledge of the different SAP ERP modules (MM, SD, FIGL, HR…)
- You have a mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with good interpersonal skills
- You are a great teammate with good communication skills and with a collaborative spirit
- You are customer oriented, result driven & focused on delivering quality
- You are organized and plan your work taking into account business priorities
- Interest in and exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology
- You are fluent in English and either Dutch or French. German is a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?