RBM Junior Planning Manager
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 30-09-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Within the RBM BU, the SCM-department ensures holistic end-to-end supply chain planning over multiple time-horizons and is as such connected to multiple stakeholders within the BU. Within the short- and mid-term time-horizon, the RBM Junior Planning Manager (you) will be responsible for alignment of (global) Sales and Operations up to the Raw Material needs in an agile yet structured way to enable the organization to optimize its resource usage (assets, materials, human resources). As such, you will drive the BU into execution of the S&OE planning with maximum efficiency while gaining valuable insights into the RBM business model and developing a broad professional network.
Your detailed responsibilities:
- Sales Planning
- Responsible for demand planning (i.e. monthly forecasts per customer-product combination) of new and existing products within the global RBM organization.
- Communicate (foreseen) forecast changes to local site planning teams in a timely manner and assists in finding globally optimized solutions.
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner to sales team.
- Operations Planning
- Follow up global planning and site production in accordance with sales forecasts and provided instructions by higher management in order to simulate optimal supply chain conditions.
- Together with Supply Chain Manager Supply, follow up inventories in view of optimizing working capital, cost effective RBM operational supply chain and security of supply.
- Prepare and present global supply chain-optimizing proposals to RBM Supply Chain Manager.
- Inventory management
- Responsible for management and structural reporting of global intermediate and finished good inventory levels with clear goal to keep stock levels in line with the targets defined by RBM Supply Chain Manager.
- Support to other SCM domain activities and project work
- Digitalization in end-to-end planning is one of the major projects to be supported in the design-, build- and implementation phase.
Who we are looking for
An enthusiastic colleague, with:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant practical experience or Master’s degree in business engineering, supply chain or other. An analytical mindset is a must for our activities.
- A first experience in supply chain management is a strong asset.
- A good knowledge of variety of systems & tools applied in supply chain management is a strong asset.
- Experience in working in an intercultural environment.
- Capable of managing several priorities under time restraint and meet deadlines.
- A good knowledge of product and manufacturing processes is a strong asset.
- Computer skills: office software (Excel, Access and Word). Affinity to work on new systems, their conceptual design and implementation.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills, promoter of cross-department cooperation.
- Well-developed business communication skills.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to Asia and within Europe.
- Comfortable to work in a highly virtual and global setup.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO ?