Project Manager Energy
Purchasing & Transportation
Supply Chain, Procurement
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
To execute our Let’s go for Zero strategy we are looking for a project manager Energy. In this role, you will support the Energy Procurement Manager in the development and execution of Umicore’s global energy procurement strategy aiming at net zero in 2035.
You assist Umicore in realizing its sustainability ambitions to go for zero carbon emissions in 2035.
- You identify and develop innovative sources for the procurement of low carbon energy sources.
- You develop onsite generation of green energy.
- You are well informed of renewable energy policies and regulations in Umicore’s core markets.
- You follow-up on energy related projects from concept to realization, with reporting to higher management.
- You build financial models and forecasts to evaluate strategic sourcing options and renewable energy investment opportunities.
You represent Umicore in various interest groups on energy related topics on a national and international level.
- You make sure that Umicore’s interests are properly being reflected in policies and legislation.
- You organize knowledge distribution within Umicore with respect to upcoming policies and legislation.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master university degree in economics, sciences, or other
- You are willing to build a deep understanding of the energy markets to which Umicore is exposed.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English. French and German is a plus.
- You have strong analytical and conceptualizing skills.
- You are an excellent communicator with interpersonal impact (influencing and persuading), customer oriented and decisive.
- You focus on results and strive for continuous improvement.
- You show an exemplary behaviour towards ethics and integrity.
- You are a team worker, flexible, and eager to collaborate.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO