Project Manager Decarbonization
New Business Incubation
Posted on 13-05-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About New Business Incubation (NBI)
NBI leads Umicore’s efforts to identify and incubate next generation disruptive technologies with the aim of creating new business opportunities. In close collaboration with the business units and Corporate R&D, NBI covers Umicore technology innovation roadmap for the medium and long term. There is still so much potential waiting to be unearthed. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Umicore’s Let’s Go For Zero strategy includes a very ambitious target on zero-CO2 by 2035! In that context, you will coordinate and implement innovation projects related to scope-1-CO2 reduction, supporting the zero-CO2 programs. By monitoring progress and adjusting project priorities and resource needs, you will ensure the projects meet their objectives within the defined time, scope and budget. The projects will make an essential contribution to Umicore’s Let’s Go For Zero strategy and allow to accelerate on technology innovation for decarbonization!
Your main responsibilities:
- Take the lead in timely and within budget delivery of the innovation projects, coordinating joint efforts with topic experts within Business Units, Corporate Research & Development and NBI departments as well as outside of Umicore (e.g. universities, consultants);
- Make/evaluate the business case of different decarbonization strategies (e.g. biomass alternatives, CO2 capture and storage);
- Make techno-economic evaluation of technologies (e.g. steam technologies) and scout for new business opportunities (e.g. CO2 utilization);
- Collaborate closely with key actors in the value chain and maximise open innovation to ensure successful delivery of the CO2 ambitions.
Who we are looking for
An enthusiastic colleague, with/who:
- A technical Master Degree (chemistry, physics, engineering, …) or good understanding of production processes and technologies based on experience;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading cross-functional, strategic projects;
- Previous experience in technology and business innovation;
- A strong interest for sustainability and innovation;
- Enjoys connecting with people throughout the entire organization (internally) and externally;
- Open to travel.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO ?