Process Development Manager Electro Optic Materials
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Power in space. Vision at night. Coatings thinner than human hair. Umicore is a world leader in material solutions for the space, optics and electronics sectors – enabling every day cutting-edge technologies. We guarantee our customers secure access to supply, plus recycling technologies that give materials a new lease of life. To produce materials with even higher performance, and provide recycling to new markets, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
The business line Substrates is continuously evaluating, improving and re-thinking its production processes and equipment to stay ahead of competition thanks to its best-in-class production platform. Within this context, the function holder will support the introduction of new processes and the optimisation of the existing ones in close collaboration with production and customers. The ultimate goal is to deliver more pristine Ge substrates to our customers that enable the development of ever more performant space solar cells.
- You interact with production, sales and international customers on possible process changes, qualification schemes and future needs.
- You manage R&D projects supporting such process changes in all aspects, being detailed definition, budgeting, implementation, follow-up and reporting.
- You ensure the process changes are challenged, well documented and translated in clear work instructions for production.
- You build up specific expertise and research techniques and share this with your colleagues:
- You identify and analyse opportunities to optimise or improve processes and products of the BL by applying scientific, technical and financial metrics.
- You work out ideas and set up the necessary tests either in house, or with a carefully selected partner, in order to verify the validity.
- You absorb innovative techniques and generate pioneering ideas for further development.
- You build up an international network within the BU structure and with Corporate Research & Development in order to share expertise with colleagues.
- You broaden your expertise and process and product knowledge by attending seminars, conferences, visiting suppliers and customers.
- You lead the communication process towards the different stakeholders related to your research projects.
- You hold a master degree or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Engineering Physics, or Engineer in nano-electronics.
- A first working experience in project management, research or process & product development is a plus.
- You have in-depth knowledge in materials science and/or of semi-conductor physics. Experience in semiconductor wafer processing is a plus.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch.
- You display the ability to conduct and evaluate research.
- You demonstrate leadership
- You show decisiveness and have solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- You are both creative and focussed on results.
- You are a team player with good communication and motivational skills
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?