Open Innovation Contract Manager
New Business Incubation
Legal, Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About New Business Incubation
In NBI we develop long-term business opportunities for the business units, as well as business opportunities with a different business model that may develop into a stand-alone business, called incubators.
What you will be doing
- As Open Innovation Contract Manager, you will manage R&D related contracts within Corporate Research and Development (CRD) and NBI organizations and Business Units R&D.
- You will align with Open Innovation managers and different Umicore R&D stakeholders needs and manage the contract flow until its signature.
- You will collaborate cross-functionally (e.g. legal, Open Innovation team, R&D owners) to enable the contract definition and drafting with solution providers to support technology development activities.
- In addition, you will ensure on time extension of contracts after expiration upon project needs and amendments if required.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of the Collaboration Database allowing monitoring and reporting of the open innovation projects portfolio and to extract KPI, together with the Administrative employee and inputs of the open innovation managers and internal contact points for each partnership.
- As contributor to the Open Innovation team you will be responsible for coordination of contractual related tasks of collaborative projects.
- You will interact closely with the Head of Open Innovation and Open Innovation team, Legal Department and R&D project owners. The Open Innovation Contract Manager is in close contact with the different regional Legal Department within Umicore.
- The position is located in Umicore HQ in Brussels or in Olen site.
Who we are looking for
- You have a relevant University degree
- You show recognized expertise in the field of contract coordination and legal frameworks for R&D
- You have 5+ years’ experience in corporate contract handling
- Fluency in both oral and written English is a must. Other languages are a plus (French, German, Dutch)
- Your computer literacy is well recognised
- You have very good interrelationship skills, ability to proactively align stakeholders inside and outside the company
- You have the ability to work autonomously and to take initiatives
- You have excellent organizational skills and sense of prioritization
- You are detail oriented and have good analytical skills
- You are result oriented and able to meet strict deadlines
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO