Media Relations Manager
Group Communications & IR
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions, Communication and others
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Media Relations manager you are
- a key spokesperson for the Umicore Group with the media in different external contexts: company announcements, financial results, crisis situations, etc. You will roll-out the media strategy within the context of the broader Group Communications strategy.
- sharing a joint responsibility in coordinating the Group approach to issues management and reputational defense.
- advising and supporting the different sites, business units, regions and corporate departments on media-based communications projects.
- creating communications content (press releases, stories, Q&As, position papers…) in close co-operation with management and other Group Communication colleagues.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master degree with some ten years of professional experience in a media environment – either in-house or agency.
- You have strong communications skills including the ability to represent the company in a calm and positive manner.
- You have excellent generalist communications skills that enable you to devise and deliver a communication plan on a wide range of internal and external issues & projects.
- You have a high level of knowledge and contacts within the Belgian and international media environments.
- You have a speaking proficiency equivalent to that of an educated native speaker in English and Dutch and you are highly fluent in French.
- You have a good understanding of business, macro-economic, social and environmental issues.
- You have highly developed writing skills and you are experienced in copywriting in English.
- You have the ability to interact comfortably with many different players / levels both within and outside the organization.
- You are analytical, fast and flexible, able to switch priorities and manage workflows towards strict deadlines.
- You are a fast learner and have a strong interest in Umicore’s products and activities.
- You are a team player able to see the role in the broader communications context.
- You have the ability to deal with pressure and setbacks.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?