Manager Sustainable Battery Value Chain
Environment Health and Safety
Posted on 16-09-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Corporate/Support Functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Contribute to developing and/or strengthening our frameworks for Sustainable Procurement of battery materials, such as cobalt, lithium and nickel; and ensuring their performance. Including:
- Ensure the uptake of our frameworks for battery materials and update as and when required in order for Umicore to remain an industry leader.
- Lead on due diligence checks of all suppliers (including risk assessment, risk mitigation, ...) and guide the Approval Committee in making the right decision.
- Perform sustainability visits based on the framework requirements.
- Lead and coordinate third-party audits of Umicore sites (on internal requests, to align with standards, on customer’s requests), and Umicore business partners (Suppliers or tollers for example) around sustainability of battery materials.
- Act as the first point of contact for sustainability requests concerning battery materials and ensure timely response to requests from third parties.
- To represent and defend Umicore’s interests and aspirations in the area of sustainable battery raw materials with industry associations and other third-parties.
Who we are looking for
An analytical and communicative colleague with:
- A Master degree;
- A minimum experience of 3 years in a relevant domain linked to sustainability/responsible sourcing (ideally in business and/or corporate function);
- An ability to work accurately and with an eye for detail ;
- Good communication and reporting skills;
- A good sense for prioritization while handling a wide stream of information (strong time management);
- Ability to work independently with a can-do mindset;
- The ability to work in a multicultural environment (Proficiency in English).
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?