Manager Social Law & HR Communication - Brussels HQ
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Support Functions
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Manager Social Law & HR Communication, you ensure a correct and uniform interpretation and application of social and labor legislation with a focus on Belgium and a supporting role towards the other countries in the region. As such, you have an important contribution on healthy labor relations.
The position is also responsible to transform the HR communication strategy into practice and as such, ensure a transparent and constructive communication of site crossing HR topics to the different stakeholders across the organization.
- analyzing the Belgian labor and social law correctly and practically, in order to advise and support the HR WSE team (HR Centres and the HR site teams) aiming for a correct and coherent implementation;
- supporting and assisting the site HR managers to build and maintain a constructive social dialogue;
- contributing to business objectives by providing legal support (social and labor law) to other units in the company, to realize organizational changes;
- being accountable to ensure a smooth interaction and feedback loop between the HR operational (HRO) and strategic (HRMT) levels and providing advice;
- being responsible for HR-communication: transforming the HR-strategy, site crossing HR-topics and HR policies into a transparent and comprehensive content towards the various organizational stakeholders, applying a hands-on approach and a strong focus on practical implementation; ensuring that communications are made available in the various applicable languages.
Who we are looking for
Our success is based on individuals who are ready to make the most of their skills and prepared to tackle any challenges they face. As well as a Master Degree, you should have minimum of 5 years general experience in the field of HR (preferred in labor law and communication). Experience in establishing good social relations with unions, advise plant management on HR legal issues and passionate about internal HR communications. You have high levels of motivation and initiative, good influencing skills and strong team spirit. We’ll also be looking for:
- High analytical capacity and solution oriented personality;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Can listen and convince;
- Hands-on and flexible: adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups; understand and appreciate different perspectives;
- Creative and sensible;
- Enthusiast, positive and value driven.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO