Technology and Cost Analysis Manager
Battery Recycling Solutions
Posted on 16-01-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Battery Recycling Solutions (BRS)
We extract critical and valuable materials from end-of-life batteries or production scrap as efficiently as possible and reintroduce them in the battery materials supply chain. The better we do our job, the fewer metals have to be mined from nature. We are a total solutions provider just coming to life operating in an agile, fast-changing and growing market. This gives every chance for the right and energized people to craft what happens next.
Which is where you come in!
What you will be doing
In order to sustain BRS’s growth and technical leadership in an increasingly sophisticated process technology field, the Technology and Cost Analysis (TCA) Manager will have the following distinct global responsibilities:
- Collecting, analysing and reporting process technology trends across the battery recycling landscape.
- Analysis of process cost, and generating proposals to optimize our cost and flowsheet roadmap
- Assessing the IP-landscape on battery recycling and managing the IP-position for BRS in collaboration
1. Process technology landscaping and flowsheet benchmarking
You identify key battery recycling flow sheet trends and process technologies and give a critical view on their technical status and challenges, in collaboration with key stakeholders / technical experts in the organization (engineers, scientists, etc…). You are responsible for setting-up and maintaining a “process watch” community in charge of flowsheet / process technology benchmarking.
2. Process cost analysis
You identify and translate the flowsheet cost drivers into process development metrics and you construct, maintain and use a flow sheeting cost model. You act as the central contact point for process cost analysis, in alignment with key internal stakeholders (finance, engineering, CRD, operations). You use the generated insights related to flowsheet and process technology trends, requirements and cost, to make proposals to optimise the process and cost technology roadmap, and clearly summarise this to management.
3. Managing IP position for Battery Recycling Solutions
You manage the IP processes in alignment with the agreed IP framework, supported by internal key stakeholders. You identify strategic questions and proposals for actions, and elevate these to senior management.
You will be located in a Umicore Belgium or Germany site.
Who we are looking for
- You acquired a Master degree in engineering or (applied) sciences or similar by experience in a technology intelligence or process technology field.
- Keen to continuously learn about emerging flow sheets / process technologies and an affinity for cost and financial calculations.
- You are familiar with project management.
- Excellent at finding, compiling and analysing new technical information.
- Experience in the field of battery recycling and process cost analyses is a plus.
You are a great teamplayer with strong interpersonal and communication skills, proficient in English and eventually other languages.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If I lead a team to recycle batteries at the highest possible efficiency: IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO