Product Stewardship Manager Carboxylates
Belgium - Brugge
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
EHS, Process & Product Development
Gepubliceerd op 25-05-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are needed to everyday life. We strive to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Cobalt and Specialty Materials
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore’s materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints and tyres. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Within the BU Cobalt & Specialty Materials, the Business Line Carboxylates is having a high number of inorganic and organic compounds (approximately 350-400 in total) used as raw material and transformed in end products. In order to follow up the continuous changes and ensure market compliance, the Product Steward ship is a crucial part of the business activity. As Product Stewardship Manager you support in the management of product regulatory compliance of the Business Line Carboxylates!
Your detailed Responsibilities :
- You handle the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and product labels to accurately communicate product safety information to internal and external customers and to release products in accordance with the applicable legislation and directives.
- You assure accurate and timely input for SDS and product label creation.
- You communicate and implement changes in classification and labelling that are triggered by scientific data and/or legislation.
- You assist in REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemical Substances) related matters to make the CSM Carboxylates product portfolio REACH compliant.
- You lead dossier preparations in collaboration with consortia and consultants.
- You provide data to and evaluate the work of REACH consortia.
- You assist in international chemical registrations to assure global product compliance.
- You stay informed on international chemical legislation and keep track of registration needs.
- You manage international registrations together with external consultants.
- You are responsible for the feedback to internal and external customers on product regulatory related questions to provide accurate information regarding product safety and to support internal partners in customer service.
- You lead the implementation of REACH.
- You coordinate compliance checks of Exposure Scenarios.
- You provide Corporate EHS colleagues with relevant data extracted from REACH and other data sources.
- You participate in REACH Consortia technical meetings for Carboxylates and Fatty Acid Esters.
- You assist the Global Product Stewardship Manager in representing Umicore and defending the companies interests
- You analyse, communicate and implement changes in legislation, classification and REACH dossiers initiated by the Consortium
Who we are looking for
- You have a university degree in a scientific field (e.g. chemistry, biomedical science, environmental science).
- Experience with European product regulations and in particular REACH and CLP. Experience with international product regulations is a plus.
- You are strong in project management and have a good sense for prioritization.
- You handle a wide stream of information and you are accurate in data collection.
- You are able to take care of multiple issues in parallel and are solution focused for unexpected changes.
- You are decisive and passionate about results.
- You can work independently.
- You are customer service minded.
- You are a standout colleague.
- You are proficient in Dutch and English (oral and written) and have strong reporting skills and experience in communication and presentations.
If our recycling know-how can recover cobalt from industrial metal scrap, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO