Plant Operations Manager
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Mastering the cobalt value chain is our long-lasting expertise, covering the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and other related products. CSM’s materials are at the heart of applications we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, Hard Metal tools, paints and tires. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
You coordinate the daily operations and logistics, being responsible for the complex and very diversified production processes of liquid and solid metal carboxylates, alkyd resins and their end products, hereby directly supervising the production, maintenance and logistics department. You supervise the EHS Manager in his day to day tasks. You also supervise the Process Application & Technology (PAT) Manager, and coach the technical engineering team, preparing for current and future investments and technical challenges.
- You coach the production and logistics department by supervising the operations and production of the Umicore Bruges plant and take full end responsibility for the daily production, planning & technical installations. Within production focus is on order planning, resource planning, organization and motivation of the employees. You are also final responsible for the performance of internal and external logistics.
- You assure, increase and secure the chemical and technical knowledge of the processes. You propose technical and operational improvements, launch new investment requests and start-up new installations, by coordinating, supervising and coaching the PAT and Investment Managers.
- You are responsible for the training, development and coaching of a team of white and blue collars and your managers. As the counter part of the Commercial Director and R&D Director of USMB, you build further on the strengths of this technical team.
- You lead the communication process with the production staff and with colleagues from administration and sales, operations and logistics. You head the “works” and “prevention and protection at work” councils as the employer representative.
- Umicore Bruges is a Seveso plant, in this respect you assess, supervise and improve management systems (ISO9001 & ISO14001), safety policies and environmental processes and procedures, co-operating with the concerned responsible people.
- Setting high safety and quality standards for you, your relatives and your surroundings is part of your way of life.
- You are member of the Management Team of USMB.
- You have a master’s degree in chemical or metallurgical engineering, or a PhD in chemistry or equivalent through experience, with minimum 10 years of operational and/or business experience.
- You have a pragmatic approach towards all day to day issues occurring in an operational plant. You are a decision maker.
- You are familiar with practical requirements of environmental, health and safety regulations and master the basics of logistics management.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You demonstrate good communication skills: presentation, receptivity and persuasion.
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills, mastering complex data and coming to clear conclusions.
- You are decisive, result driven, responsive and creative.
- You work autonomously, independently, accurately and like to take initiatives.
- You are a born people manager and a natural leader.
- As a genuine team player, you are willing to share knowledge and expertise with others.
- You are an enthusiastic and self-motivated person, proactively engaging in contacts inside and outside the company.
- You are stress resistant, and an effective problem solver.
- You are obsessed by Operational excellence
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?