Operations Process Manager Blast Furnace
Precious Metals Refining
Applied Technology, Engineering, Production, Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Within the framework of the policy and strategy of the business unit Precious Metals Refining in Hoboken, Belgium, you are responsible for the process and technology (incl. maintenance) of the Blast Furnace in order to deliver excellent key performance indicators of the Operation.
- You run the day to day business of the Blast Furnace and are fully responsible for the daily KPI’s.
- You control, intervene and adjust the steering parameters as much as necessary, as a result of the continuous changing input conditions.
- You assure and increase the metallurgical and chemical knowledge of the complex processes in order to improve the performance indicators of the Blast Furnace.
- You lead the communication process with the production staff and with colleagues from administration, operations, sampling and logistics.
- You assist to improve safety, environmental processes and the quality system.
- You control and steer the activities on training, development and coaching of white and blue collars.
- You are responsible for the technical capabilities of your equipment and improve the robustness.
- You maximize the availability of your installation and minimize maintenance costs.
- You are responsible for the yearly shut down.
- You propose technical and operational improvements, launch new investment requests and start-up new equipment.
- You take up the responsibility for the whole plant operations as Engineer on Duty, up to 2 weeks per year.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master degree in chemical or metallurgical engineering, or PhD in chemistry.
- You have several years of operational, technological and / or business experience.
- You show a comprehensive approach towards metallurgical or chemical issues.
- You have a very good knowledge of engineering developments.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You are common with practical requirements of environmental, health and safety issues.
- You master good communication skills: presentation, receptivity, persuasion.
- You are a decision maker with a systematic approach and an effective problem solver.
- You excel as a team player who is both quality and customer minded.
- You quickly synthesise data and you come to clear conclusions.
- You show stress resistance and commitment to results.
- You are a born people manager and natural leader.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF OUR RECYCLING TEAMS CAN HELP TACKLE RESOURCE SCARCITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?