Operations Manager Sampling Department
Precious Metals Refining
Production, Supply Chain
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
Within the operations of the Precious Metals Refining Plant of Umicore in Hoboken, you organize and manage the activities of the Sampling Department. This comprises the primary sampling and coarse sampling of production intermediates and all incoming raw materials (concentrates, industrial by-products and recyclables). You meet the customer expectations in delivering the highest quality and by focusing on the throughput times and contractual engagements.
- You manage the daily operations of Primary Sampling, Coarse Sampling and Spent Automotive Catalysts Sampling.
- You assure the quality and the sampling output.
- You meet customer expectations (deliver the expected quality and deliver the samples according to the contractual engagements).
- You engage, motivate and empower a team of 200 co-workers. You control and steer the activities on training, development and coaching of your collaborators. You assure a continuous high focus on safety, deploys the safety policies and lead by example.
- You work closely together with the different sub-departments in sampling: technology support, quality team and fine sampling.
- You assist in the implementation of the technical investment projects and manage the maintenance requirements of the Sampling Department.
- You deploy and implement the unit’s policies and strategy.
- You hold a master degree in technical or applied sciences. You show a comprehensive approach towards metallurgical and mechanical issues.
- You have several years of operational, technological and people management experience.
- You are common with practical requirements of quality, environmental, health and safety issues and you can find practical solutions for occurring problems in those domains.
- You developed a strong team approach; your decision taking is efficient and effective.
- You quickly synthesise data and you come to clear conclusions. You have a critical and inquiring mindset.
- You master good communication skills in Dutch and English: presentation, receptivity, persuasion.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our recycling teams can help tackle resource scarcity, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?