Occupational Health Physician Umicore Hoboken Site
Precious Metals Refining
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You will maintain and improve the health of the Umicore employees by defining, implementing, executing and maintaining an occupational health and industrial hygiene program with focus on the specific workplace health risks while also promoting general health issues. You will work closely together with the chairman of the Committee for Prevention & Protection of the UPMR Hoboken site and you will report to the Group Manager Safety & Industrial Hygiene.
Together with the Group Manager Safety & Industrial Hygiene
- you will keep an occupational health organization in compliance with the regulatory requirements and balanced with the Umicore occupational health management system
- you will develop and implement occupational health guidelines and standards responding to the latest scientific understanding of occupational health risks specific to Umicore
- you will coordinate occupational health projects at Group level
- you will contribute to scientific evaluations and studies to improve the knowledge of the relation between the Umicore activities and products and their possible impact on human health
Together with the chairman of the Committee for Prevention & Protection of the UPMR Hoboken site
- you will coordinate the workplace health prevention activities, projects, campaigns at site level (including specific occupational or general health information, training, campaigns…)
- you will handle case management e.g. adapted work, fitness evaluation after (long-term) sickness…
- you will organise first aid
- you will contribute to the Prevention & Protection Committee meetings including dialogue with social partners
- you will have direct supervision of the occupational health staff at site level and the administrative personnel of the occupational health department
Who we are looking for
- You have a Degree in medicine with specialization in occupational health and radioprotection ; you have minimal 3-5 years of working experience in a similar role
- You have good skills working with Information tools (Office)
- You are a strong communicator (oral, written) at all organizational levels. You have a diplomatic and discrete way of working
- You have a solid proficiency in Dutch and English language
- You are familiar with independent decision taking and problem solving in occupational health matters
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my expertise can contribute to the circular economy, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?