EPM solution architect and project manager
Finance, Information Technology
Posted on 09-12-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Business Supporting Functions (IT and others)
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Umicore is enabling Enterprise Performance Management across the group! You will play a key role in helping business units and shared operating functions better understand their businesses and processes by developing solutions that will improve business insights and make sure faster decision making.
As an EPM solution architect and project manager you will use expert-level skills and help our Business Units & SOF’s translate their strategy into practical EPM by:
- Working in close collaboration with business process owners and analyst, and ensure accurate understanding and description of business requirements
- Translating the EPM strategy of our Business Units into an analytical roadmap
- Being an active team member in various EPM projects, covering the full E2E delivery
- Being responsible for the design and delivery of EPM solutions according to standard methodologies
- Maintaining the end-to-end vision of the overall EPM solution architecture
- Making sure policies around data quality, data security, data integration, master data management and solution building principles
- Enforcing project methodologies and help deploy governance models for operational efficiency
- Mentoring and provide guidance to project team members
You will be located in the EPM Center of Excellence, in Corporate IS. You will report hierarchically to the Center of Excellence lead.
Location will be Brussels. Occasional travel to other Umicore sites (national & international) will be required.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master in finance, economy or information technology sciences.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the domain of Enterprise Performance Management, Business Intelligence or Analytics
- You have a sincere and proven curiosity about the area of Enterprise Performance Management
- You have knowledge and expertise in modern EPM and BI systems like of Anaplan (having an Anaplan solution architect certification is a plus but not a prerequisite)
- You have a mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with good interpersonal skills
- You are a team player with good communication skills and with a collaborative spirit
- You are customer oriented, result driven & passionate about delivering quality
- You have strong analytical skills and are able to lead sophisticated projects and related teams
- Curiosity about and exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology
- Good internal and external networking skills
- You are proficient in English and either Dutch or French. German is a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO