Data Management Manager
Corporate Development & Infodoc
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Within the Digitalization Project team of Umicore, located in Brussels headquarter, this position establishes and maintains a data governance policy and provides recommendations for the ensuing data management. You will share in the departmental responsibility to develop the group’s growth potential with an emphasis on digitalization initiatives. Digitalization projects are typically associated with material process risks (operations, commercial transactions, …) and can involve substantial monetary commitments.
In addition, you participate in digitalization projects with respect to data management.
You communicate with Umicore’s Business Units, corporate functions, EVP’s, and ultimately the Digitalization Steerco. You also interact with external business partners (customers, suppliers, peer companies), solution providers, start-ups and consultants.
You report to the VP Digitalization.
Your detailed responsibilities :
- You establish and maintain a data governance policy, data management standards and procedures.
- You provide recommendations and contribute to the digitalization roadmap with respect to data management.
- You participate as team member in digitalization projects in order to roll out professional data management.
- You align data-centric requirements with the available IT and business resources.
- You communicate and disseminate digital initiatives to stimulate faster proliferation and adoption of digital technology. You report on data usage and analytics.
- You have a master degree in IT, sciences, engineering, mathematics, business or economy with a minimum of 2 years of work experience. A Dama CDMP certification is a must.
- You have a relevant project management experience, ideally in digitalization or consulting.
- Your interest in and exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology is definitely an asset. Knowledge of Umicore and its businesses is a plus.
- Experience in operational efficiency/excellence and digitalization consulting is a plus. You are sensitive to the importance of IP and legal matters.
- You have excellent oral and written communication (including to senior management), presentation and facilitation skills in English, Dutch and French (German is a plus).
- You have strong analytical skills thus able to structure and lead complex files and related teams.
- You are a creative thinker in identifying, structuring and acting on digitalization opportunities.
- You are stress resistant and able to manage tight deadlines.
- You are a team player and motivator within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- You are open for periodic but irregular international travel.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?