IT Operations Delivery Manager for End-user Services
Belgium - Hoboken
Gepubliceerd op 31-08-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- The IT Operations Service Delivery Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of all end user computing on-site support services for Belgium and several European locations.
- You will supervise and manage the activities of suppliers, and well as internal Umicore staff active in 1st and 2nd line on-site user support. In addition you will also act as the go-to technical subject master expert on various standard and non-standard end user configurations both in the admin area as well as in lab- and production environment. You will play a key role in achieving operation excellence and end-user satisfaction in all aspects of the on-site support activities in the area of end user infrastructure.
- On the system side, you will employ considerable technical and people skills and acts as local escalation point and solution expert for customer's IT needs in the end-user services domain.
- Activities include; escalation point for users and IT service providers, complaint handling, advisory, L2 and L3 support, coordination with IT headquarters, and leading small projects.
- On the people side, you will provide guidance and coordination to a team of technical engineers and/or oversees managed service activities. You will ensure service Delivery is in accordance to agreed SLAs and in line with customer expectations and management guidelines.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor of applied IT, master in IT or computer science, …
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as senior End-user computing L2 or L3 support
- Strong hands-on technical skills, preferably in production environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Very strong organizing, planning and coordination skills
- Mature, confident, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Analytical thinking, problem-solving ability and strong drive for innovation and change
- Fluent writing and speaking in English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO