IT cloud platform engineer
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As an IT cloud platform engineer, you will join our Cloud Center of Excellence team, employ considerable technical skills as a solution expert and point of contact for Umicore’s internal customer's and their various IT needs.
As a young and fast growing team we are defining and dealing with the growth of our multi-cloud environment (Private – Hybrid – Public) triggered to better support Umicore business units and its operations. This includes the rollout of the different digitalization roadmaps with cutting edge technology.
Your contribution within this project-delivery team:
- Working closely together with our Cloud architect, different IT teams and external suppliers
- Deploy and support Azure cloud architectures, including web, data analytics application, and database components
- Deploy and support Azure Container Instances, Azure Kubernetes Services
- Deploy and support virtualization, storage, and networking architecture in Azure
- Implement infrastructure security with Azure environments
- Deploy infrastructure and resources through CI CD pipeline
- Have a cloud expert role and serve as technical point of contact for our internal teams and Umicore business units
- Assist in supporting the operations team and managed service(s) when necessary
- Have an active role in Umicore’s cloud governance. (e.g. change & release management, …)
- Willing to travel occasionally abroad
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor applied IT or Master in information technology or computer science
- Passionate about IT cloud computing and keep up to date with the newest evolutions
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant Windows system administration and engineering experience
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills in English and preferably Dutch as well
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Enthusiastic mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Work experience with integrated teams requiring collaboration and customer relationship
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and self-sufficient
- Experience with deployments of various systems to Public clouds. (Azure, optionally AWS and Google cloud)
- Experience working with Infrastructure, IaaS & PaaS Cloud platforms
- Work experience with Azure CLI, PowerShell, ARM Templates and Terraform
- Work experience with Azure Networking, Identity Management, and Azure PaaS Services
- Experience with deploying infrastructure applications through CI/CD pipeline
- Cloud monitoring Experience with Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, and Application Insights
- Understanding of Azure DevOps configuration and management
- Knowledge and experience with containerization & Kubernetes is a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO