Head of Internal Communications
Group Communications & IR
Posted on 07-07-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Group Communications
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Head of Internal Communications you will develop and implement a global internal communications strategy as part of the overall Group Communications and IR strategy, to support Umicore’s strategic objectives, by informing and engaging Umicore employees worldwide and by fostering a common sense of belonging.
You will lead and manage one Internal Communications Manager.
Your detailed responsibilities :
- Develop & deliver communication projects and content / change initiatives (e.g. new strategy, new CEO) to all sites and business units worldwide
- Improve and strengthen the interaction between Group Communications and the communicators of the business units and sites worldwide by taking a leading role in the global Communicators network
- Act as communication advisor to Umicore management and HR in significant and sensitive communications challenges and issues
- Develop and implement strategies for onboarding of newly acquired businesses or offboarding of divested businesses
- Keep abreast of the latest and most modern set of digital communication tools to take initiative to employees worldwide
- Define, together with the VP Group Communications and IR, a global and adaptive internal communications strategy (including strategic narrative, communication channels and toolkits), supportive of Umicore’s overall strategy
- Develop and implement comprehensive and targeted strategic communications plans for all types of projects to inform and engage internal audiences globally
- Enhance and strengthen the interaction between Group Communications and the network of internal communicators worldwide
- Oversee, source, create and deploy digitally stories, content and information for employees at Group level with the support of the Internal Communications Manager
- Provide strategic internal communications advice on major projects to senior management, HR, regions or site
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master level degree (or equivalent through experience) in Communication related field
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ working experience in a corporate communications or other relevant environment (e.g. communications agency) preferably in a production/industrial company
- You are a good communicator with excellent presentation, writing and persuasion skills and digital savvy
- Ability to interact comfortably with many different stakeholders and on different levels
- You have proven experience in coaching people and developing a team
- You have Superior project management skills
- English native-level language skills, other languages appreciated
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO