Group Manager Occupational Safety
Environment Health and Safety
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our corporate/support function
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Group manager Occupational Safety you will steer the Group's Safety roadmap and drive global improvement in Safety results as part of the Group Safety Policy and the zero harm strategy. Following the Umicore Way and the Let’s go for zero objectives, you will develop, manage and execute safety projects as part of the broader EHS/sustainability domain. Through your knowledge and expertise, you lead an internal and external network to ensure that the projects are aligned with the Umicore zero harm principles and you secure continuous improvement in EHS and sustainability performance.
An injury free work environment is a prerequisite for the sustainable creation of a Caring safety culture within Umicore.
Your detailed responsibilities :
Lead and manage an effective and state of the art Group Safety system by:
- Contributing to the Group Safety strategy definition and roadmap development
- Regularly reviewing and updating the guidance notes and standards.
- Developing new guidance notes and standards according to the Safety roadmap.
- Benchmarking and drive sharing of best practices from both Umicore and external sites.
Manage worldwide implementation of the Safety system at all sites by:
- Directing the site/BU management to meet legal and Umicore requirements to ensure that all Umicore’s are compliant.
- Providing technical and organizational expertise and advice to the Safety
- network within the Group (BU, sites) with the aim to implement the required actions to reach the joint safety objectives.
- Performing various measuring, monitoring and reporting with KPI and evaluating the progress against the set Group Safety objectives
- Ensuring compliance and quality of implementation by organizing and conducting global on-site Safety audits
- Investigation of safety incidents , focusing on the quality of the root cause analyses , the implementation of corrective actions and the sharing of the learnings and best practices.
- Supporting the sites in the allocation of external specialists and consultants on an as needed basis.
Secure long-term competence development within occupational safety by developing, organizing and providing Group safety training, coaching and education programs .
Engage and animate a global Safety network with internal stakeholders
Develop and maintain a safety expert knowledge
Who we are looking for
- You hold a Master Degree in a relevant field
- You have a minimum experience of at least 5 years in a relevant environment in order to understand complexity of organizations
- You have an additional degree in Safety level 1 (veiligheidskunde niveau 1 BE)
- You have good knowledge in hazard and risk assessment, EHS auditing and reporting
- You have obtained strong training and coaching skills
- You have strong networking and influencing skills to realize Umicore’s Group safety roadmap with the different organizational levels and audiences
- You have good team-working and interpersonal skills to work in multidisciplinary teams
- You are able to analytical and critical thinking and problem solving
- You can work autonomously and you have a good sense of prioritization of assigned goals
- You are a good communicator in oral and written communication (in English)
- You are used to work with a global scope and you are willing to travel (up to 25%)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO