EHS Data Manager & Analyst
Environment Health and Safety
Posted on 18-01-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our corporate/support function
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
With the growth and globalization of Umicore and in the context of Let’s Go For Zero! we need to further develop our EHS data processes and build as much alignment as possible. A data driven EHS practice is key to realize this.
The EHS data analyst & manager will:
- Bring passion for data, and will build dashboards and reports, track the EHS data/movements, develop strategic directions for future tools and provide data driven insights into EHS activities within the organization (towards the business and senior management at various levels as well as towards EHS corporate and the worldwide EHS network). Based on these insights, the EHS data analyst & manager, will build predictive analysis to continuously create efficiency and synergy in EHS processes throughout the organization in close collaboration with the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Collect, analyze and report the EHS data in a systematic way (for internal usage, but also for audit purposes), build Dashboards and do predictive analysis, (ii) optimize data integrity, daring to challenge the local site data owners, (iii) Fit/Gap analysis on what is needed, challenging the current processes and proposing leaner solutions; in order to continuously improve our EHS data driven processes.
- Track the progress, challenge where needed and propose solutions towards the different teams.
- Have exposure across various EHS functions, Regional EHS managers and local EHS Site managers leveraging the ability to handle large data sets from multiple data sources with ease, both for corporate and global purposes.
- Report to Pollution Prevention and EHS Operational Excellence Manager
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a driven colleague with :
- Master’s degree or equivalent by experience
- Min 3 years in an data analyst role, with an emphasis on reporting and extracting data from systems
- Highly proficient with Excel (Pivot tables, Power Query, vlookups,…), Access and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Power BI is an asset.
- Experience in designing and developing (customised) reports based on different databases.
- Confirmed ability to synthesize information and translate complex information in an easy to understand, effective format that is both fit for purpose and audience appropriate
- Natural tendency to validate data results to ensure accuracy in reports
- A natural ability to think logically and to design and process logical statements
- A high degree of attention to detail, strong organization and analytical skills, ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- An understanding of EHS functions and typical EHS management processes is an asset
- Ability to maintain the required degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure with competing tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO