New Business Incubation
Research & Development, Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
In 2020, Umicore has stepped into an enterprise agreement with OSIsoft Pi. Some of the sites within Umicore have already implemented Pi while other sites are at the beginning of this journey. Within the digitalization team we are looking who can support us in further developing our Pi capabilities within Umicore and realize the full potential of Pi. Therefor we are looking for someone (M/F) to join the digitalization team. Support the Business Units (BUs) in the E2E process of defining, designing and implementing use cases on digital platforms. Both from a functional point of view (e.g. what should the use case deliver) as well as a technical point of view (e.g. how is it implemented) in close collaboration with local stakeholders. Local stakeholders can range from management to blue collars, covering different departments (e.g. Production, Maintenance, EHS) and Local Business-IT.
About New Business Incubation (NBI)
Umicore’s commitment to creating a sustainable future relies on innovation in all areas of business. As we keep pushing our boundaries and strive to set new industry standards, embracing advanced technologies has never been more essential. By finding these technologies we can navigate challenges and enhance our capabilities. By sharing different ideas, we can develop new business units or establish new divisions within our organisation. This is where contribution and collaboration are the drivers of real change. Where individual thought is identified, incubated and nurtured for growth in years to come. There is still so much potential waiting to be unearthed. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a Process Data Engineer within the central digitalization team, you will support Umicore and its business units (Bus) in developing capabilities on their data platforms, with a main focus on the OSIsoft Pi platform.
- Support the BUs in the definition, design and implementation of their use cases on OSIsoft Pi. Both from a functional point of view (e.g. what should the use case deliver) as well as a technical point of view (e.g. how is it implemented) in close collaboration with local stakeholders. Local stakeholders can range from management to blue collars, covering different departments (e.g. Production, Maintenance, EHS) and Local Business-IT.
- Support the Bus in the System administration activities of their Pi solution.
- Develop technology capabilities within the Bus by sharing your knowledge and train people within the BU.
- Identify opportunities for synergies by sharing use cases and ways of working cross-BU.
- You will support the integration of the Pi solution with other systems (e.g. MES, LIMS, …) in collaboration with local teams and the central Information Systems (I.S.) department.
- Follow-up on the latest developments of the Pi system and other solutions and evaluate how these can be leveraged at Umicore.
The technologies involved will include:
- Primary focus will be on OSIsoft PI as application suite for process data historian and real-time shopfloor reporting
- Secondary focus will be on Microsoft on-premise and Azure cloud technologies such as SQL Databases; Azure Data Lake and data Warehouse; Power BI; TimeXtender; Data Factory; PowerAutomate; …
Who we are looking for
Are you committed to become our new colleague?
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or an equivalent degree.
- Strong knowledge on the OSIsoft Pi system: Pi Data Archive; Pi Asset framework (templates, analytics, event frames, …), Pi Vision and Pi interfaces (OPC, webservices, …).
- At least 3 years of experience in setting up Pi systems (connecting data points); use-cases and visuals in Pi.
- Knowledge of and experience in one of the Microsoft on-premise and Azure cloud technologies is a plus.
- Fluent in English (in both spoken and written communication).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to efficiently define, investigate and resolve problems.
- Handle data precise and accurately and you are able to read and interpret data models.
- Able to work independently and follow-up on the ongoing activities.
- Collaborate with a variety of people with different backgrounds and cultures.
- Willing to travel internationally periodically.
- Broad knowledge of standard MS Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience & knowledge of PowerBI is a plus.
- Good communication & presentation skills and are able to help others.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?