Corporate Data Protection Manager
Legal Affairs / Security
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- You work with in the team of the Data Protection Office at the HQ in Brussels.
- You are a senior expert in data protection and have a good knowledge of Data Protection legislations in the countries where Umicore has an interest.
- You advise and support Business Units (BU’s) and Corporate Functions on the correct implementation of these legislations.
- You are familiar with the protection of confidential information.
- You share best practices and expertise via workshops, seminars, trainings, Q&A’s, etc. on data protection and on protecting confidential information with an internal worldwide community of persons involved in data protection.
- You interact with external DPO’s in some specific countries.
- You take the lead in personal data related projects or you are an active member of the project team and contribute to cross-functional projects on data protection.
- You regularly/timely update the data protection documentation through policies and global procedures and practical instructions for all relevant data protection legislations.
- You are in charge of managing the required documents for the Global Data Protection Regulation at HQ.
- You perform data protection audits on request of the BU’s or on the DPO’s initiative.
Who we are looking for
- You have obtained a master degree, preferable in law
- You have minimum 5 years work experience in data protection
- You are skilled in information security risk management
- You are an excellent communicator, empathic, convincing and able to build strong relationships with colleagues in different regions across the world
- You are a project manager, with good problem judgement- and analytical skills, and a pragmatic, solution-oriented approach
- You are fluent in translating legislation into practical information, guidelines and workable standards
- You are fluent in English and have a good knowledge of Dutch, French or German. Knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Integrity and discretion are key values for you
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?