Precious Metals Refining
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
You will lead the communications strategy development for internal and local stakeholders for Umicore Precious Metals Refinery and the Hoboken plant in line with the Umicore Group strategy. This means that all your internal and external messages are aligned, that impact on all audiences is considered and that the company’s reputation is safeguarded in all communications that you develop and disseminate to the right audiences through an optimal media mix. You also manage the UPMR crisis communications in close co-operation with Group Communications. You guide and coach the communications team on the Hoboken site. You report to the Senior VP Precious Metals Refining.
- Communications strategy development:
- Develop and implement a strategy to convey the PMR vision, strategies, projects, progress and achievements
- Act as a strategic partner to senior management in all communications challenges
- Set up and refine a communications plan and manage all the linked communication projects and tasks in a structured way in line with the operational communication budget
- Ensure communication efforts to support change initiatives and effective information, education and engagement of all stakeholders
- Act as local PR and Media point of contact (business messaging for the Hoboken site, social media plan,…)
- Build relationships with external stakeholders
- Represent PMR and Hoboken in the Umicore Group’s worldwide communications approach
- Crisis Communications:
- Build, implement and roll out the crisis communication plan
- First point of contact and spokesperson for internal and external communication on site
- First-in-line communications person within the overarching crisis communication cell on site
- Team management:
- Mentor and lead the communications team (3-4 persons)
- Oversee their day-to-day activities
- Implement business excellence standards within the team
- You have a Master’s Degree (preferably in Communication) or equivalent through experience.
- You have 10+ years of working experience in internal and/or external communications, with a strong focus on interpersonal communications in an industrial production environment.
- You have a strong ability to deal and communicate with varying levels in the organization (individuals, group) and with many different stakeholders (internal/external) in a complex stakeholder landscape. You can rely on a strong and varied toolbox to reach all parties concerned in the most effective and efficient way.
- You have strong collaborative and team leadership skills, you can build trust and credibility as the preferred communications partner.
- You are very hands on and act proactively where needed to get things done and obtain quality results.
- You have perfect language skills in Dutch (mother tongue) and English; working knowledge of French is a plus.
- You feel comfortable with structured project management and you are able to cope with many priorities and deadlines in a creative and flexible way.
- You are media trained for crisis situations (or willing to be trained in the first weeks of your employment).
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?