Business IT - Controlling solution manager
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Information Technology, Finance
Posted on 07-07-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The fast growth pace of Rechargeable Battery Materials continuously requires a close monitoring, analysis and follow-up of the profitability, margin analysis and cost monitoring. As BIT Controlling solution manager you will guarantee the functioning, consistency and the monitoring of the controlling solution template.
You also provide the support to key users, the coordination with IT and the Plant in case of change requests, change management and training of the key users in the controlling teams. You will take, besides the template safeguarding role, also a coordinating role in certain controlling domains to ensure end-to-end system, people and process management. Focus will be on delivering quality solutions and support services and business efficiency within the current system landscape and defined controlling solution.
The tool in which the controlling ambitions and visions will be implemented, followed-up and monitored will be the Anaplan tool. You will be responsible for the design, translation of the controlling business requirements, validation and testing of the created models in Anaplan.
Your main responsibilities combine:
- Being the key expert of the controlling solution and to ensure quality of the controlling solution throughout the different applications and reporting requirements (close collaboration with the different controlling teams will be key in the execution of this position)
- Participating, contributing and guiding business in the ideation phase by providing possible solutions that maps to the controlling vision and their key requirements
- Systematically thinking through the facts, diagnose the situation, and find an accurate and workable solution which will bring the added value towards the RBM controlling teams
- Creating analytical solution designs that are based on the controlling business requirements (as expert in the global RBM controlling domainsand translating the controlling language into an IT language, so that the corporate IT team can make functional and technical designs
- Gatekeeping of the global controlling template and ensuring that the global vision is correctly translated in the different relevant applications and IT landscape
- Ensuring a full integrated controlling solution amongst the different BL’s within RBM, this to guarantee an integrated controlling view on the total value chain
- Providing guidance to both business (global controlling team) and corporate IT
- Executing the first wave of acceptance/validation testing
- Providing assistance in the creation of training material and executing training to the global controlling community
- Rolling out and contributing to the global RBM controlling digitalization roadmap
Who we are looking for
- You hold a Master’s degree in applied economics or applied computer sciences.
- You have a minimum of 3 year experience in a controlling or business analyst position or equivalent.
- You have good knowledge of project management methodology.
- You are a Business Process minded professional with working experience in a service driven, customer oriented environment.
- You have an extended practical experience with SAP financial modules, and other Microsoft tools.
- You are a team player with strong people skills and you enjoy sharing knowledge.
- You can work autonomously and take spontaneous responsibilities and ownership.
- Your own discipline and organization allow you to be priority-, results- and solutions driven, while staying flexible for changing context and priorities.
- You have strong analytical skills, and an eye for details, to provide accurate and comprehensive results.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English (knowledge of French and/or Dutch is considered a plus).
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO