Business Consultant Labo Information Management Systems (LIMS)
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Umicore IT landscape includes a Global platform for LIMS (Lab Information Management System) applications. Labs are present in most of the business units, worldwide, and play a crucial role in the quality assurance of our processes and products.
As a LIMS business consultant, you will be part of the LIMS team that is responsible for the LIMS global platform and the implementation and daily support of the LIMS applications.
- As Business Consultant, you employ considerable managerial and technical skills as a solution expert and a point of contact for customer's IT needs.
- As solution expert in the area of LIMS, you will lead and execute small and medium size projects from functional requirements analysis to solution delivery and application life cycle support. You will build and co-create solutions with our business units on top of a well-defined governance LIMS framework.
- As a trusted partner to our business units, you understand the global Umicore LIMS landscape and related applications, you have a view on the LIMS request pipeline of the BU and be an enabler for growth of the platform’s capabilities.
- You will be based in Hoboken/Olen, occasional travel to other Umicore sites (national and international) might be needed.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor applied IT or Master in information technology or computer science or having at least 5 years of work experience in a similar area
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in building and/or supporting LIMS applications.
- Good understanding of Lab processes and operations
- Being ‘hands-on’ and eager to deep-dive into functional/technical issues and even to perform technical installations (cfr. connection to Lab instrument) during project implementations
- Project management experience and have the ambition to take up a project management role
- Good communication skills and problem solving capabilities
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Mature, assertive and dynamic team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication, presentation skills in English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO