Business Consultant Cloud Native Applications
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
As Business Consultant Cloud Native Applications, you employ considerable technical skills as a solution expert and point of contact for customer's IT needs.
Your activity domain will exist of:
- As solution expert in the area of the Microsoft O365, SharePoint and the Power platform (Power-apps and -automate) you will lead and execute small and medium size projects from functional requirements analysis to solution delivery. You will build and co-create solutions with our business units on top of a well-defined governance framework and design patterns.
- Azure cloud native solutions and services, you will be involved in defining reference architectures, provisioning of resilient services and DevOps platform management. You will collaborate actively with our Business Units and IT teams, translate business requirements into technical requirements and implement with Azure capabilities, fit-for-purpose.
- As an Azure Devops admin, you will setup and manage DevOps project instances; build and maintain automated deployments with ARM templates. Assist in creation of requirements and procedures for implementing application (performance) monitoring and routine maintenance.
The technologies involved in the first years will involve the broad Microsoft technology stack:
- Office365 collaboration solutions & services, in particular SharePoint and the Power platform, Power-automate and -apps
- Different Azure solutions in support of Application Development (eg Azure DevOps, automated deployments with release pipelines, Azure AD, App services, Storage services, Application Insights,...) and in support of Digitalisation (Azure automation, Machine Learning)
You will be based in Hoboken, occasional travel to other Umicore sites (national and international) might be needed.
- You hold a bachelor applied IT or master in information technology or computer science
- You are passionate about Digital technologies and keep up to date with the newest evolutions
- You have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in O365, SharePoint, PowerPlatform and Azure PaaS platform
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- You are willing to travel occasionally abroad
- You are able to establish credibility with senior stakeholders
- Your good people skills allow you to work efficiently in team
- You have a mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- You are fluent in English and either Dutch or French
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?