Technology benchmarking manager RBM
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Process & Product Development, Information Technology
Posted on 12-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come
What you will be doing
As Technology benchmarking manager you benchmark RBM sites internally and externally on all operational KPI’s, as well as the creation and maintenance of a system of operational standards and best practices covering existing plants and new expansions!
Your detailed responsibilities:
1) RBM plants operational performance benchmarking
- Define key operational performance indicators in collaboration with the plants, Process Technology & Engineering, controlling.
- Setting standards by comparison with industry standards and competitor performance and detailed analysis of deviations
- Acquire validation for indicators and targets from the RBM MT and regularly report on the plant’s performance.
2) Competitor technology benchmarking
- Define the Roles & Responsibilities and collaboration between the different expertise centers with respect to intelligence gathering, data management, etc.
- Coordinate information sharing and regular reporting to management team
- Own the operational bench marking expertise center: gather information from contacts with suppliers, contractors and other contacts, analyze acquired information from operational perspective: production organization & procedures, maintenance practices, logistic practices, operational IT and automation systems, operational cost information, …
- Collaborate with finance to establish comparative cost models
3) Cost engineering and modelling
- Maintain operational cost metadata (maintenance cost, logistic cos, operational consumables, operational departments headcount cost,….)
- Bottom up modelling operational costs, collaboration with PTE and finance for maintaining and further development of methods
- Set up a benchmarking data framework towards Resources (FTE, energy, …) in support of budget, cost calculations, …
4) Operational standardization and best practice sharing
- In close collaboration with RBM Quality Management create a framework for operational standardization
- Initiate specific reviews of procedures and standards based on customer audit outcome, deviations or competitor benchmarking information
- High level follow up the roll out of successful outcomes of improvement projects and site Voice Of the Customer in view of standardization of operational practices across the sites.
Who we are looking for
- You acquired a Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering or other, with proven experience (+ 10 years) in an operational role in an industrial environment
- Strong project management experience
- Understanding of the Cathode and precursor competitive landscape is a strong asset
- You have a strong experience with setup of operational KPI’s and establishment of cost models
- Experience with organisational change
- Experience in working in an intercultural environment (heavily Asian based)
- You have a positive and determined approach to researching and analysing a variety of operational processes in view of optimization
- Capable of leading several priorities under time restraint and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of product and manufacturing processes
- You have a demonstrated ability to encourage effective teamwork and empower staff in a matrix structure
- Well-developed business communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and mentor your team and to coordinate project teams
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric verhicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO